expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 20 October 2020

HOPE: Jang Ok-Jung (2013)

"I would not have watching this if I knew it will turned out this way 😭"

This is what I felt at the end. 

I took a glimpse to the time passed by and how much time left for this drama to reach the end...

Whatt is happening? Why there's no hope of happy ending. It's not gonna end like this right??I murmuring to myself.

Another 45 minutes?

15 minutes left?

And denggg!!!! My heart dropped!

No way! Is this the end of this drama???

I feel extremely shocked for the ending.😭😭😭😭

========================================

Soo...guysss

I just finished Jang Ok Jung starring Kim Tae Hee and Yoo Ah In. This is a TV series based on an epic true story. The Annals mentioned that Jang Ok Jung is the most popular and prettiest concubine during Josean era history (tenure: 1600-1700)

I refuse to watch this since then, because I afraid that I might attached to it and I worried that it will ripped my heart as Secret Love Affair did but that same heart longings for it and I end up watching it till the very end!

I indeed don't want to watch it but...there is 

Kim Tae Hee, everyone! 

As people know, Kim Tae Hee is pointed as the most beautiful Korean Actress who never go under knife. She owns the natural beauty ever since young.

If u watched Tough as Iron, director mentioned her name and sealed into an iconic line for the 'alzheimer mother' character as they acknowledge her as the Korean Actress with the most beautiful face. So the 'mother' keep mentioning that she is Kim Tae Hee and that brings laughter to the audience everytime she utter that. πŸ˜‚

But after watching this, I have nothing to say but stating the fact that she is indeed the prettiest, the softest face, the goddess and the super talented korean actress!😍😍😭

Not to mention, there is my forever favourite versatile star leads the drama too.

The undeniable talented actor, Yoo Ah In. 

I always looking forward to his new faces in his artwork. Historical drama is the one suits him well. He brings tears to audience in The Throne as a depressed and struggling crown prince who faced death in rice chest by his own father.

But in Jang Ok Jung, he indeed portrayed the best roles as the most reliable, intelligent, and diligent King that the Joseon citizen will forever remember in the history. 

In spite his cold, professional and serious role, he manage to captures our heart with his love towards only one woman, Jang Ok Jung and his love is deep as ocean😭

So here got the best actor featuring the best actress,

So..why not!





Decided to watch it, is the right things to do 
but now, the remaining things is 
my whirlwind heart!😒

I already prepared for this due to previous experience of drama that dragged me into desolation feelings.

So I prepared for some tears but hold it until the end.

Because I think there is a thing called HOPE 
So maybe I will not cry this time..

But what happened is..
my heart feel so heavy through out the 24 episodes.
What a tragic historical story it was!

I can't help but giving slight spoiler to those who not watching it yet because this is regard to my personal feelings for this drama. So don't blame me for that.

The intriguing plot and storyline is promising. The bunch of plot twist scenes thrilled me. The tragedies keep happening one after another that makes this series is not boring to watch. 

Along 24 episodes, the characters are strongly expressed by both main leads. 


Jang Ok Jung

Talking about the main character which is Jang Ok Jung, I heard many tv series or novel try to portray the evil side of her when they try to remake the history of Lady Jang Ok Jung. 
Actually same in Jang Ok Jung drama, she indeed having evil side. But u can never hate her. That is because the good side of her is more brightly coming to the surface. We can see how her character expanding and mounting in her. 
From a sweet and passionate dressmaker into a determine court lady. Then upgrade herself as a concubine after receiving King's favor. 
Then become an opportunist Queen into a kind hearted Queen, 
Then, disposed back to concubine and the list goes. 
I amaze how this story develops her character. Every time she climbs to a higher stage and displaced to a lower stage, she always holding different, rivet side motives. Some changed, some remain.

Become the royal dressmaker to pursue her career and passion, 
finding Lee Soon as The Chief of Palace Guard,  
free her mother from slavery,
repairing the the social class status,
being in King's side,
giving birth to the Joseon's throne heir and
save the King & her new born prince.


After all the exhausted and tiring journey, she returns back to her rigid motive which is save the King and her new born prince.

Every thing is so tragic so u gonna prepare some tissue and punching bag while watching the whole episodes. 
The way she weeding out all the reprimand coming towards her, how she endures the pain, how she elegantly shuts everyone is so satisfying to watch. She slay!

I love how the stories brings us into sort of fighter soul in Jang Ok Jung. Palace is indeed her league. She doing her best and I adore of her incredible determinations.
That explains how vigorous her character was. I stan strong woman. heheheh

King Lee Soon

For King Lee Soon, he seems to be strong, bold and brilliant from the very beginning and his character become even cooler and cooler as the episodes passed by. Some said that they hate his character when he being cold-hearted with his decision. But girl, things happened in good way even it is unpleasant to our eyes.
I see nothing in King Lee Soon but charisma. He acted his role as a diligent King. Even his decision is unfavorable but I think that is what King should do in decision making and problem solving process. His cognitive level of thinking deserve appraisal. I'm tired of seeing character in many Saguek drama whereby the King act immaturely, weak, rash and reckless. When facing conflict, unlike other King's character, King Lee Soon to be very rational, political wise minded, do not bluntly trust from one side explanation and take an easy path. I like the line he utters after the death of the prime minister who also his father in law as well the person who always against him in everything that he did. He said it to Queen Inhyeon that, her father taught him many things and he is the one make him stronger as a King.
I realize the fact that he never take an easy path. The more people against him, the more powerful he become. Even the person who against him, is the highest person in retainer and even he is his own father in law!

There is a mind-blowing scene that I couldn't forget when he pretends unconscious for quite long period of time just to let the true color of his retainers emerging on surface. 
The way he plot his plan with Prince Lee Hoon is superb! 
Actually I suspect the similar. I was thinking, how if the person who coming to the main hall where all the retainer sit, is not a new King but actually King Lee Soon himself and King Lee Soon purposely plan to pretend unconscious before. 

And turn out, boom! King Lee Soon appear in the hall. 
And I was like..'as expected'. 
I coming to these prediction considering his clever and credibility of him from the very beginning and my mind goes like..'he must be planning something great in behind'. 
His meticulous mind is outstanding. 
When he flashback the previous plan, I got goosebumps seeing him smile cynically while sleeping unconsciously.
And I have come to realize, he indeed owns a very wise political mind and will not easily let everything slide. 
I would say that, he is one of my favorite King character in Saguek kdrama.

I found the both lead character as well the whole casts are fascinating!
I'm gonna leave you to watch the whole story by yourself to actually feel it.

==============================================================

Remember when I said that I have been holding the tears for the whole episodes?
Thinking that there must be a hope  that the ending will sooth my heartbroken feelings after all these 23 episodes.

But, it seems like the director having no sympathy towards the audience. Hahahaha. They break our heart into broken pieces indeed!

Reaching to the ending, 
On the last episodes(episode 24)..
I finally 
cried my eyes out! 😭
I was  speechless
It's like dejavu!

The ending shoot me right into my heart πŸ”ͺπŸ”ͺπŸ”ͺπŸ”ͺπŸ”ͺπŸ”ͺ
The ending wrapped up the history life of Jang Ok Jung who sacrifice herself for her loves one with blood and tears!
The loooong tragic journey of Jang Ok Jung in history!

Mentioning my words that I'd stated earlier..

"I would not have watching this if I knew it will turned out this way",

I eventually learned 

that watching a story like this is like listening to the bird's singing.

I shouldn't focus on how sad it is when the bird stops singing, 

but instead, embracing the memory, of how alluring it was from the very beginning, singing with its beautiful voice 

It was a roller coaster riding indeed that it forced your heart to watched it until the end 

In spite the ending and saddened scene, the beautiful message behind is immeasurable!

Trying placing my heart at ease and cure my sorrow feeling, I come to my sense knowing the fact that both King and Ok Jung actually sacrifice themselves for each other at the end, but the fate brings one of them to end their life.

But the fact is there. King love Ok Jung and sacrifice his position and Ok Jung love the King that lead her action. 

Knowing them love each other that much is truly the best things to remember and I'm here, trying to smile after bird stop singing.

I'm gonna end here cause I definitely feel lump in my throat now. My chest feel so tight that 
I deeply moved by the ending of this incredible masterpiece, 
Jang Ok Jung.❤



No comments:

Post a Comment